Our goal is to raise 20K between now and December 31st. 10K here and another 10K on Facebook.
Our most ambitious fundraiser of the year aims to raise the rest of the funds we need to maintain our core budget into 2023 and ensure we can keep our key programs going strong. This is our last chance, but also our best chance, of the year to imagine this goal. We must reach our goal to avoid cutting programs and our impact!
Between now and midnight on December 31st, a generous donor will match all donations!
We have some gifts!
- Give $100 or more and get a Free from Harm logo t-shirt in S, M, L, or XL (while supplies last).
- Give $150 or more and get a signed copy of Robert Grillo’s book, Farm to Fable: The Fictions of Our Animal Consuming Culture (while supplies last).
Your donations support four key programs.
Your donation covers our four key programs which seek to liberate animals from their exploiters and dismantle animal agriculture, each in their own unique and strategic way.
- Mass Education/Outreach. Since 2009, Free from Harm has been building and proliferating a wide range of vegan and animal rights content to a global online audience. Our body of work is now spread across 550+ web pages and countless social media posts. Beyond education, supporters and the general public are frequently prompted to take calls to action, turning their passive interest into active participation.
- Pressure Campaigns. Our Koch Foods pressure campaign targets the 5th largest chicken meat producer in the US and its CEO, Joseph Grendys, one of the richest Americans and most powerful figures in our food system. Our long term goal of transitioning Koch to plant-based alternatives will have huge implications for the urgent shift to a plant-based food system needed to mitigate the worsening climate, environmental and animal crisis. Incremental wins and milestones toward that goal will sustain and inspire the growth of public support and media coverage.
- Fighting Humanewashing. Humanewashing is perhaps the most seductive industry marketing strategy to make consumers feel better about eating animals and ignoring their suffering and the impacts on our planet. Help us expose Jidori Chicken’s humane fraud which advertises as “the Kobe beef of the poultry industry” and “cruelty free,” commanding premium prices from its high end restaurant and hotel clients. Investigators have documented some of the worst animal abuse at Jidori’s LA slaughterhouse we’ve ever seen. Our campaign aims to educate Jidori’s celebrity profile customers, including Wolfgang Puck, Gordon Ramsey and Lisa Vannderpump, urging them to switch to plant-based alternatives.
- Slaughterhouse Bans. Help us crack down on the slaughterhouse industry wherever it rears its ugly head. We are fighting for the defeat of newly proposed slaughterhouses as well as restrictions on existing slaughterhouses. We’ve helped defeat slaughterhouses in Nevada, Illinois, Virginia, New Jersey, New York and beyond!
Please consider donating to our Facebook fundraiser as Facebook donations do not incur fees.
We use GiveDirect to process online donations securely and expediently using any major credit card! Here you can make a one-time or recurring donation, request an employee match, choose a program for your donation and even dedicate your donation in someone else’s honor.
If instead you prefer to send a check, please make your check payable to: Free from Harm and mail it to Free from Harm, PO Box 607604, Chicago, IL 60660, United States.
Alternatively you may use a paper stock transfer form and email it to the processing company (look in your downloads folder for the pdf).
If you have any questions about how to donate or where your donor dollars go, please don’t hesitate to contact us at [email protected] You can also check out annual report on the right sidebar.
Free from Harm is a 501(c)(3) non profit organization that relies largely on donations to carry out its work. Contributions to Free from Harm are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.